It is widely known that an average person spends the third part of his life sleeping, the other third he does working and finally the last part is his free time which he decided how to spend himself. Usually, this 1/3 includes hobbies, family, chores, studying, vacations and so on. It is very individual from person to person. It often happens that people spend less than 1/3 for such a valuable sleep and more than 1/3 for work. Some of them even don’t have time for themselves and enjoying things they like. This is quite a wide-spread phenomena that can be helped with application of time management methods. Time management is new, but very important science that has great powers in itself and can change people’s lives. So here are 5 useful time management tips by applying which you will be able to change your life for better today. They are very easy to comply with, guaranteed to function and can be done by everyone.
- Create a list for yourself. You have possibly heard this to do list? It includes things that you need to do in short or long term. Order your to-do list from the most important/urgent tasks down to the reduced priority ones. Just composing your to-do list down will certainly aid you to focus on the tasks in your life you need to do, you could discover there are some points that just typically aren’t crucial enough to be included in the list. The trick is to actually follow up and do things on your list!
- Keep to an established routine. This is an effective time management method. The list from above will greatly help you in it. Before starting to do some thing, check whether it is on your list or has connection with it. This way you will not distract and instead concentrate on important tasks.
- Recognize the distinction between value and urgency. A valuable job results in achieving some important goal that can make a difference while urgent tasks usually put pressure on you by somebody else. Besides, being under pressure can leave you feeling stressed and awkward. An important task ought to constantly outrank urgent one. Your main goal is to do jobs that give you the very best return on your time investment.
- Locate your time wasters. Do you “pass the time” watching TV, surfing the web, talking on the phone, fantasizing, saying yes to everyone, stating yes to whatever? All these things can affect your performance negatively.
- Do back track. This is a form of self-assessment. Track your tasks in the past, get rid of the habits that can cost you time and identify exactly what time of the day you are able to reach the highest performance. Then tackle the most difficult tasks in those hours.
Time management could offer you a lot. A well balanced life, more time for your children, and high self esteem are simply a few of them. Handling your time is a win-win. You will certainly be a lot more productive and have time to do the things you take pleasure in.